The internet is now a global resume database thanks to a bevy of people search sites. It’s a digital world and job seekers are realizing that they have to be able to be found online. Here are the top five that every sourcer and recruiter should be using.
1. Wink: very comprehensive search engine which claims access to over 400 million profiles worldwide. They offer a variety of filters to search including ‘Career’ which you can type keywords. We searched for Webmaster and got back 66 thousand hits. Not bad.
2. LinkedIn: everyone knows about this directory of “A” players. They are adding people at 1 million per month right now.
3. ZoomInfo: Gain access to profiles on more than 37 million people – all on one easy-to-use site.
4. Jigsaw: user generated contacts. People upload the info on business cards they collect. Very cool site with lots of search capabilities.
5. PeekYou: search by name, work or school. A PeekYou profile helps other people find your websites, social-networking pages, photos or anything else about you online. You can also create a profile for friends or relatives to ensure that they may also be easily found online.